Most subscriptions automatically renew unless you cancel them. If you cancel, you can keep using the subscription until the next billing date. Uninstalling the app will not cancel your subscription.
Here are the instructions how to cancel the subscription activated through App Store or Google Play.
For IOS users:
How to see or cancel subscriptions on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name.
- Tap Subscriptions. (If you don't see "Subscriptions," tap "iTunes & App Store" instead. Then tap your Apple ID, tap View Apple ID, sign in, scroll down to Subscriptions, and tap Subscriptions.)
- Tap the subscription that you want to manage. Don't see the subscription that you're looking for?
- Tap Cancel Subscription. If you don’t see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is already canceled and won't renew.
Article credit: Apple Help Center
For ANDROID users:
How to cancel a subscription on the Google Play app
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Google Play Store .
- Check if you’re signed in to the correct Google Account.
- Tap Menu Subscriptions.
- Select the subscription you want to cancel.
- Tap Cancel subscription.
- Follow the instructions.
If you have a subscription with an app and the app gets removed from Google Play, your future subscription will be canceled. Your past subscriptions will not be refunded.
Article credit: Google Help Center